|Quest Card Info|
|Card ID||0719, Omega 04|
|◄ Previous||Go With The Flo|
|Next ►||Lord Of The Bunnies|
The Conch may be used once by a player to silence all opponents for two rounds of play. Only the player holding The Conch may speak (and therefore make deals or exchanges of any kind with other players).
- The rules are also very serious about the silence. A player who speaks must return a Carrot, or discard a Zodiac or Mysterious Place card for each word spoken. Players without objects must forfeit turns of play.
- The Conch is a reference to William Golding’s book “Lord of the Flies” which is about a group of school children whose plane crashes on a tropic island and all the adults die, leaving them to fend for themselves. The Conch represents leadership/telling people what to do (or what not to do in this case: talk).
- The eyeglasses belonged to one of the characters in “Lord of the Flies.” He dropped them and they broke.
- The palm trees also appear on the Ancient Star Rod and Viva Las Vegas.
- Most people mispronounce the word conch, but it should be pronounced like konk.
- The Conch is one of the promo cards in the Omega series.
- The Conch was released in the Chocolate Booster Deck in a slightly different version.
Card #Omega 04